The FBI, the American Federal Bureau of Investigation, has allegedly unveiled the shocking list of the richest politicians in Nigeria.
It seems that the list was first obtained for the Amanpour Live show on CNN – which is famed for its investigations. The agency further in its revelation revealed the details of the top richest politicians’ American bank accounts.
The names listed in the first reports include: ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo, former Lagos state Governor, Bola Tinubu, former vice president Atiku Abubakar, former military head of state Ibrahim Babangida, former INEC chairman Attahiru Jega, Maina, Oransanye, Lamido, Talba, Alamyeisegha and Adamu Muazu.
Others on the list are:
1. Rochas Okorocha $1.4 billion Jp Morgan Chase/New York
2. Mohammed Rabi Musa Kwankwaso $1.15 billion American Express, NY
3. Kashim Shettima $1.1 billion Wells Fargo, San Francisco
4. Vice Admiral Murtala Nyako, Gcon, Cfr $805 million City Group, NY
5. Ibrahim $798 million City Group, Ny
6. Rotimi Amaechi $757 million US Bancorp, Minnesota
7. M Nyako Abdulaziz $626 million Ally Financial, Detriot
8.Adama Oshiomhole $625 million Bb&T, North Carolina
9. Rauf Aregbesola $513 million City Group, NY
10. Umaru Tanko Almakura $510 million State Street Corporation
11. Aliyu Magatakarda Wamako $476 million Wells Fargo, San Francisco
12. Babatunde Fashola $448 million City Group, NY
13. Ibikunle Amosun $442 million Bank Of America
14. Ahmed $437 million US Bancorp
15. Abiola Adeyemi Ajimobi $422 million Ally Financial
President Muhammadu Buhari was elected on the promise to eradicate corruption in Nigeria.
Buhari vowed that he will fight against all corrupt practices and abuse of public offices. In the beginning of June the president partially fulfilled his promise to publish specific details of funds traced to and recovered from corrupt former government officials as part of his war against endemic corruption.
On the list, the incumbent government said it had recovered a total of N115.7bn cash, while assets worth over N1.9tn had been frozen in one year.